From: Jesse Jones (jejones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-16 15:03:56

>> I've been using callback objects derived from the code in Rich Hickey's
>> C++ Report article for quite a while now.
>>
>I've used the ones at http://www.primenet.com/~jukubik/callback.html paper
>and source at this site. (Nice discussion on the patterns used to create the
>code.)

Do you have another URL? That one seems to be broken.

>And for some reason thought it was a much better implementation, but now
>don't remember why. I think because it avoids the inheritance problem etc.
>Have you seen these?

Don't think so.

>(Also in C++Report but I don't remember which issue,
>probably in 96 or 97) They probably could be improved with more template
>parameters to allow more sophisticated reference counting etc.

That was Rich Hickey. The problem with his code was that it was written
before member templates were available so the syntax was a bit ugly, he
used a non-template base class which made the code a bit ugly and caused
portability problems, and he didn't have any way to bind arguments.

  -- Jesse