From: Prabhu Ramachandran (prabhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-17 10:39:47

hi,

>> If it is not that hard maybe I can take a shot at it and brush
>> up my re. Or is this thing non-trivial?

    David> Heh, heh. Regular expressions alone aren't going to cut
    David> it. You need something that can deal with a CFG

        Yeah, I figured.

    David> (e.g. balanced parentheses are not parseable with REs). The
    David> big problem is that in addition to parsing, significant
<snip>
    David> bet that a complete solution would replicate the majority
    David> of all front-end functionality found in a full C++
    David> compiler.

    David> maybe-now-you-see-why-I'm-not-making-any-promises-ly y'rs,

Oh! well! [sigh]

Thanks anyway.
prabhu