From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-17 16:38:51

> It's an interesting approach, but I'm a bit concerned about layering
> something as fundamentally simple as callback objects onto the complex and
> rather scary lambda library...

Well the advantage is that its then possible to do a callback with partial
fixed arguments.

  callback<returnType, ArgType>;

  returnType fn( ArgType, value1Type, value2Type);

  bind(fn, free1, value1, value2);

  where the "free1" is the placeholder for the callback's one argument, and
the other two values are bound to the function call. Using bind() this way
greatly expands the allowed set of callback functions.

That's not scary is it? Besides, only simple fns make simple callbacks.

  -gary-

gary.powell_at_[hidden]