From: Moore, Paul (paul.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-24 03:37:55

From: Daryle Walker [mailto:darylew_at_[hidden]]
> Boost headers that already try to solve
> namespace madness with std::abs, like
> "rational.hpp," probably should remove their
> version in deference to this version if
> this sub-library is approved (except for
> specializations of boost::abs, of course). Maybe
> the LCM and GCD functions from "rational.hpp"
> should move here too.

Agreed on both counts. I don't see gcd/lcm as fundamental to the rational
header, so having somewhere better to put them makes sense. And anything
that gets rid of the nasty hacks for std::abs in rational.hpp has my vote
(even if it's just dumping the nasty hacks on someone else :-)

> Comments or suggestions?

How soon can I have them? :-)

Paul.