From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-27 06:29:19

Joerg Schaible wrote:
> reading the minutes, I detected the 3.2.2 dependency problem. A
> proper tool
> to use may be DoxyGen (www.doxygen.org), that I mensioned some time ago as
> we've discussed for a proper documenttaion form. Although its main purpose

I also believe doxygen has alot to offer the boost community and have
suggested
it be adopted to assist in library documentation. To give everyone an idea
of the potential I have generated a set of html documentation for the
current
boost release. I have found this useful when trying to find things and see
how they fit together.

Here are some highlights:

Example of Dependency Graph for Config.hpp
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/users/jeff/boost/config.hpp.html

Index of all boost files (headers only)
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/users/jeff/boost/files.html

Textual Class Hierarchy
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/users/jeff/boost/hierarchy.html

Graphical Class Hierarchy (Warning this is a graphics intense page!!!)
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/users/jeff/boost/inherits.html

Of course, this only shows part of the potential, because the source
has not been instrumented with appropriate comments to provide namespace,
class, and member descriptions. With some minor source changes the
documentation
would be even more useful.

Jeff

Jeff Garland