From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-30 07:25:21

Andrei Verovski wrote:

>I have a proposal for reorganization of boost CVS repository. I found
>that some submissions are really interesting and time to time uploaded
>and/or updated at eGroups file archive. Why not to add them to CVS
>directory called "submissions"?
>
>It is just much more convenient to download them using CVS client rather
>www/ftp client ! it was objective of CVS developemnt to always keep
>source code archive up to date with few mouse clicks.
>
>if certain submission is too buggy or useless it could be deleted anytime

>without no problem. Moving submissions to the CVS repository will sure
>make them more visible to other boost users.
>
>Most probably admins of boost CVS repository have to handle this task.

The current system works well:

* It avoids putting an apparent boost stamp of approval on libraries that
are nowhere near ready for prime time.

* It allows all boost members to post files whenever they want to, without
the hassles of CVS write access, and without depending on or bothering a
CVS administrator.

* It acts as a motivation for boost submitters to finish their libraries
and get them formally reviewed.

So I'm not in favor of changing that procedure.

--Beman