From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-01 08:27:08

Petr wrote:

> I am using doxygen for several projects. It's a great tool, with many
> features far ahaed of any similar one. Unfortunately for boost, most
> problems for me comes in documenting templates. Due to limited parsing
> capabilities (lex stuff), some constructs are not understandable
> by doxygen.

I haven't seen any problems with the parsing of templates. We can debate
the effectiveness of the documentation of templates, but I would say
nothing does a better job at this point.

> Using the tool itself is easy, it has a portable build system made in perl
> and is accessible from cvs site.
> Lamers could download precompiled binaries from web site.

Put me in the "Lamer" group. I just downloaded the binaries b/c I'm
not interested in taking it apart, only using it.

>I am sure boost usage of
> the tool will be a great "boost" of doxygen itself!

Agreed!

> BTW, some months ago, feeding doxygen with complete STLport was a killing
> joke. At least for win2k...

Hmmm. Thanks for the idea! I feed STLPort-4.0 to Doxygen last night and it
ran through just fine on my Win98 box :-)

Jeff