From: Mark D Rintoul (rintoul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-06 10:03:28

Thomas Di Giacomo wrote:

> hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone had tried to
> use boost libraries under SGI system.
> I'm actually having problems with std stuff.
>
> Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated,
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> thomas di giacomo

        I have been using it for a long while now without any troubles.
Ummm...well, with very very few troubles. :) Seriously, the only
thing that is a problem is that despite a really nicely conforming
compiler (MIPSpro 7.30), they still haven't put stddef.h into cstddef
(and so on), so a couple of the include statements need to be changed.
Other than that, they have always worked without any problems, and I
have used a number of the libraries. You also need to make sure
you compile with -LANG:std (not the default, for whatever reason).
I also use the SGI STL version 3.2 as I have had multiple problems
with the concept checking under the 3.3 version.

                        Danny

--
Mark D. (Danny) Rintoul, Dept. 9235