From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-06 12:57:15

John Maddock wrote:

>I've added regression test support for BeOS5 (intel edition) to the cvs
>repository.
>
>I'm in two minds about this: the compiler used (the GNUPro toolchain from
>cygnus) is way out of date, but is the most up to date version for that
>platform. As a result there are a lot of regression failures arising
from
>operators.hpp which the compiler just can't cope with, IMO these are
>probably not worth fixing. If folks think that this compiler shouldn't
be
>used for regression testing then I'll remove the BeOS compiler page from
>the cvs repository.

I can see several advantages from including your BeOS tests:

* It might help BeOS users by warning them of compatibility issues.

* It might encourage those compiler suppliers to get their act together.

* It signals that boost does care about portability to more than just the
best known platforms.

I don't worry that there are a lot of test failures; we shouldn't bury
results just because they don't look particularly good.

--Beman