From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-07 00:12:50

on 11/5/00 1:59 PM, David Abrahams at abrahams_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I noticed that you replaced some uses of " in operators.hpp with
> <q></q> pairs. I tried to use this myself thinking it would provide nicely
> matched open and close quote symbols, but IE5.5 and HTML-kit seemingly don't
> do /anything/ with <q></q> tags. Am I missing something?

As Greg Colvin mentioned, this tag is from HTML 4. I think I used it once
(haven't looked at that part of the code in a few weeks). It was for a
quotation from some other piece of work. (I think it was about some famous
guy complaining how empty base class optimization decisions can't be
changed.) Other quotations weren't from other works and weren't tagged.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie