From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-08 14:55:18

In message <D3E6C22AF7F13B4FB2490F89879B408F0660A2_at_SEA-DOG>, Gary Powell
<Gary.Powell_at_[hidden]> writes
>Since there have been no posts rejecting "any" for adoption to boost, I
>suspect voter fraud, and demand that the boost listserver be inspected for
>rejecting posts that may contain the word any and "r e j e c t" Note: I
>added the spaces so that this message wouldn't be ignored. :>

Wouldn't it be more topical to call for a close heat between accept and
reject? And perhaps a recount?

>Also there must be voter confusion with the name "any" why would anyone
>reject just "any" code? If perhaps it was renamed to "this" or "that" we
>would reject "this" or "that" code.

OTOH, it could mean that we end up accepting any code, regardless of
this code or that code :->

> Otherwise we might as well declare the voting period over and just accept
>the inevitable, that "any" is accepted and extremely useful. Thanks Kevlin!

Thanks! I will endeavour to fold in all the changes -- most of which
seem to be in the docs -- in my, errm, next spare moment.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com