From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-11 07:07:28

>I'm trying to get the regex library compiled on Sun Workshop 6
>but am having no luck at all... Some of the problems I worked
>around but every time I get around one error, there are a bunch
>of others that come up... I've turned off most of the interesting
>options in regex_options.hpp, but that didn't seem to help.
>
>Has anyone got this working on Sun? Is it even possible? There is
>a "sunpro.mak" makefile in libs/regex/lib that would suggest it is,
>but it seems to be out of date (refers to source files that don't
>exist), so maybe this was only possible with previous versions?

I suspect that it's going to be difficult, the 2.x version of the library
is still available from my web pages
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/regexpp.htm), and
should support SunPro and HP aCC compilers, both of which *may* be too
broken to use with the new library.

If you want to send me the error message list do so - it may be something
that I've seen before and already know how to work around - just don't
count on it :-)

- John.