From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-10 11:00:02

Daryle,

Thanks for the suggestions. These issues keep coming up. There is some
tension between what's easiest for boost contributors, and what's best for
boost users. Furthermore, changes impact our CVS repository and people who
have linked to our web site pages (and there are getting to be a lot of
those).

This is messy enough that maybe someone ought to make a formal proposal,
and then we hold a Formal Review, just like for a library. Any change is
painful enough we want to get it right the first time.

Do remember that (if I understand it correctly) if we start using ScCons,
having all src files in the same directory isn't as important as it used to
be.

--Beman