From: Karl Nelson (kenelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-17 13:31:05

> > on linux people use the defacto standard libsigc++
> > http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/

Libsigc++ is currently under going reconstruction to
remove some of the overkill. However, as signals have to
have a full type info, there will always be a requirement for
a rather huge pile of templates.

> I'm familiar with libsigc++ from a high level stand point (looked at
> the documentation and code, but don't have real experience in using
> it). This library is a tad bit of overkill, IMHO, and I'm not sure
> that the implementation is appropriate for Boost. For instance, it
> makes use of m4 scripts during building of the library and the

Actually the m4 scripts are just used on unix to make the sources
because I hate typing. They aren't required unless you plan to build
your own templates for arguments more than what is provided.

> library contains a LOT of code to deal with binding issues that,
> again, I feel are best left to libraries such as Lambda.

I am not really familar with Lambda. Is there docs on
it? When I stated libsigc++ I was looking for a good
library to do function casting, but nothing I found was
that portable. The templates provided a decent balance.

--Karl