From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-20 10:41:50

Hi Guys,

I've had several requests for computational geometry extensions
to the Boost Graph Library... for example, the maintainer
of the QHull algorithm has expressed interest in a
"BGL'ified" version of that algorithm.

I strongly encourage y'all to move forward in this area :)

Also, I'd encourage use of the same kind of
generic-programming approach in the geometry stuff as
was used in BGL. And of course much of the BGL "concepts"
can be reused in this domain.

Cheers,

Jeremy

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Mark D Rintoul wrote:

> "John (EBo) David" wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone developing a set of geometry classes to be used in Boost
> > and/or implemented any of the classic computational geometry algorithms
> > like (I know I am probably dreaming here but...) arbitrary dimensional
> > convex hull, Voronoi diagrams, Delaunay triangulation, polytope
> > intersection, conformal projections, etc.?
> >
> > Most, if not all, of what I want to do is already done in LEDA, but I
> > will not be able to use it due to license restrictions...
> >

> I'm in the exact same boat, and I have considered the
> idea, but have never boostified the code I have (plus, I'd have
> to clear some things with Uncle Sam, but I don't think it would
> cause too many problems). Let me know if you decide to start developing
> something, and I will see what I can do.
>
> Danny
>
> --
> Mark D. (Danny) Rintoul, Dept. 9235
> Computational Biology & Materials Technology
> Sandia National Laboratories
> Phone: (505) 844-9592, Fax: (505) 845-7442
> email: rintoul_at_[hidden]

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906