From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-21 07:38:52

I'm experiencing difficulty getting the is_convertible template working
correctly with the Borland C++ 5.5.1 compiler. The problem seems to be that
sizeof(expression) is not being treated as an integral constant expression
when "expression" involves a user defined constructor conversion. I've
attached a single file test program that illustrates the issue. So here's
the challenge: can anyone get this to work with Borland C++ 5.51?

Thanks!

- John.

p.s. don't bother looking at this with other compilers - the test program
contains preprocessed code that is Borland specific.