From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-21 07:43:28

Jeremy,

>Ahh, another place where the SGI STL docs differ from the standard.
>Hmm, I'll have to change to match the standard... though I think
>Matt's definition is better. Perhaps this is a candidate for a DR.

I don't think so, the sorting routines use a strict weak ordering:
[ 25.3]
"6 In the descriptions of the functions that deal with ordering relation-
  ships we frequently use a notion of equivalence to describe concepts
  such as stability. The equivalence to which we refer is not necessar-
  ily an operator==, but an equivalence relation induced by the strict
  weak ordering. That is, two elements a and b are considered equiva-
  lent if and only if !(a < b) && !(b < a)."

- John.