From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-23 14:13:17

In message <200011230802.AAA18963_at_[hidden]>, Jesse Jones
<jesjones_at_[hidden]> writes
>I've uploaded a new version of my callbacks to the Callbacks2 directory.
>It includes the following changes:
>
>1) A compile time error is emitted if too few arguments are used when
>calling the callback. I pretty much took the approach recommended by
>Gregor and added numbered base class objects.
>2) The return type no longer has to be default constructable.
>3) Renamed boost::details::unused unused_arg (in the hope that this would
>be slightly clearer to clients).
>4) The method ctors no longer require raw pointers.
>5) Sprinkled some typename keywords here and there as recommended by
>Gregor.

All sounds good.

>6) Replaced NULL with 0 (Gregor says NULL was causing problems with GCC).
>This change stinks. :-)

Couldn't disagree more :-> NULL is, depending on your sensibilities,
either a C-ism or an MS-ism, but it's not generally considered part of
the received C++ style.

Speaking of stylistic elements, is it possible to move the code towards
more conventional C++ naming? Eg function objects instead of functors (a
bit early 90s, that ;->) and member functions instead of methods? Not a
big issue, but it affects my comfort level :-)

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com