From: Paul Baxter (paul_baxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-28 18:24:53

There is still lots of interesting areas of work in the vault but time and
a bad memory have left me wondering which things have been superceded,
forgotten, actively being worked upon.

I wonder whether it might be useful for there to be a status page on the
web site for vault entries which individual authors could update
irregularly. Maybe a brief summary of the problem solved and current
status?

With more than 8MByte of code and documentation it is quite difficult to
search for items.

The reason I mainly ask is so that when I finally get a compiler that
vaguely works on most common new language features it will be a lot easier
to try some new things out. (gcc3? comeau? metrowerks - finally giving up
on MS ever getting there)

The reason I was trying the vault was looking at the concepts of
layered/filtered iterators perhaps becoming the answer to
multi-dimensional arrays.

I noticed that VTL on their web site is newer than the boost vault, that
we have various layered and filtered iterators, and that Giovanni's class
looks to solve part of the problem traversing through multi-dimensional
data.

All of these seem to be pieces in the puzzle of trying to store,
manipulate and filter multi-dimensional data.

Paul