From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-29 07:49:12

Mark,

>I have been unable to install the Boost regex library, 1.18.3. I have
>tried both the gcc.mak make file and running the configure script.

Is this a line ending problem? Beman builds the boost zip file on Win32
which means the line endings are all up the spout for linux/unix platforms,
try using the -a option when unzipping with InfoZip to see if this sorts
things out, or download the tar.gz version from my web pages
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/regexpp.htm).

If that doesn't sort it out, try re-running autoconf on the configure.in
and see if that produces a configure script that your platform understands.

[Note to Beman: this isn't the only cr/lf complaint I've had this week
relating to the boost zip file, if I supply a shell script for producing a
tar.gz file from the Win32 CVS source, can we distribute a unix friendly
tar.gz file as well?]

- John Maddock.