From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-29 09:12:48

At 07:49 AM 11/29/2000 -0500, John Maddock wrote:

>>I have been unable to install the Boost regex library, 1.18.3. I have
>>tried both the gcc.mak make file and running the configure script.
>
>Is this a line ending problem? Beman builds the boost zip file on Win32
>which means the line endings are all up the spout for linux/unix
platforms,
>try using the -a option when unzipping with InfoZip to see if this sorts
>things out, ...

I've added a note to the download instructions for unix/linux uses to use
-a option when unzipping with InfoZip. Maybe that will cut down on
questions.

>[Note to Beman: this isn't the only cr/lf complaint I've had this week
>relating to the boost zip file, if I supply a shell script for producing
>tar.gz file from the Win32 CVS source, can we distribute a unix friendly
>tar.gz file as well?]

Yes, let's at least consider adding a boost_all.tar.gz. I'd like to build
it with identical content to boost_all.zip. How complex a shell script is
required? Can you point me to a Win32 version of a tar.gz encoder that is
known to produce files maximally useful by unix/linux decoders? I'd need
help from unix/linux users to test the resulting .tar.gz to make sure it
does what it is supposed to do.

--Beman