From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-29 23:44:19

It's a shame that Ritchey, Thompson, and Kernighan removed it from the
translation from BCPL to C. I guess they couldn't figure out how to write
the compiler.

At Wednesday 00/11/29 14:30, you wrote:
>At 10:44 AM 11/29/2000 -0800, Gary Powell wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> > This is cute, but I won't be using it anytime soon in production code.
> >Reasons are that being non standard code its going to confuse the junior
> >members of the staff. Also if I'm not mistaken because of the
> >implementation
> >it might not do things as I would expect.
>
>Seems to me I've seen this discussion before (although not on boost) and
>the conclusion was the same as Gary's above.
>
>I don't know if it would be worth coming up with a named function which did
>arg1 < arg2 < arg3. That might eliminate some of the issues.
>
>--Beman

Victor A. Wagner, Jr.
Secretary, Wyoming Libertarian Party
PGP RSA fingerprint = 4D20 EBF6 0101 B069 3817 8DBF C846 E47A
PGP D-H fingerprint = 98BC 65E3 1A19 43EC 3908 65B9 F755 E6F4 63BB 9D93
               "There oughta be a law"