From: William Kempf (sirwillard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-30 10:39:59

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "Ed Keith" <e_d_k_at_y...> wrote:
> I have developed triplet, quad, & quint classes, simular to
> std::pair. I have also writen ostream inserters for pair, triple,
> quad, & quint, and provided tie() (based on boost::tie() )functions
> for triplet, quad, & quint.
>
> Is there any interest in this?

Not if we have interest in tuple from the Lambda Library. I've
suggested that this concept be submitted to Boost seperate from LL,
and hopefully soon (I think it was held up by the hope to get support
in VC++ for it, but I don't think this should hold it up any longer).

In case you don't know, tuple is similar to pair, but with arbitrary
numbers of elements (fixed to a maximum N). You supply the
parameters in the template argument list.

tuple<int, char> tuple2;
tuple<int, char, float> tuple3;

Through meta-programming magic, such tuples are as efficient as hand
coded versions for fixed numbers of elements. The code even handles
tie() for the N-ary tuples.

Bill Kempf