From: d.frey_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-04 06:06:16

--- In boost_at_[hidden], d.frey_at_g... wrote:
> > Did you also try this with const char *& rather than plain const
> char *?
>
> Yes, but I didn't get the compiler to accept it. Probably my fault
> or it's the gcc... I'll try it again on Monday, when I'm back at the
> office.

I tried it again, but without success. Using

template< typename T, typename S > T lexical_cast( const S& arg )

and

template<> string lexical_cast< string, char* >( const char*& arg )

results in the following error for me (gcc 2.95.2):

template-id `lexical_cast<string, char *>' for
`lexical_cast(const char *&)' does not match any template declaration

Is this a bug in the gcc or isn't a compiler required by the standard
to accept the above?

Regards, Daniel