From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-04 12:30:24

Yes, I'm very familiar with PETE, however I'd vote against using
expression templates (ET) for the boost multi-dim array library. The
reason is that there are already good ET-based array libraries: Pooma and
Blitz. However, there is a need out there for a more portable, simpler,
and faster to compiler array library. I think the boost array library
should fill this need.

P.S. PETE uses partial specialization all over the place, and hence
 can not be used with the world's most popular wanna-be C++ compiler.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Gary Powell wrote:

> Have you looked at PETE http://www.acl.lanl.gov/pete/ ? You might be able to
> get reasonable expression templates for the operator overloading, using
> this. (One of the advantages of Blitz++)
>
> -gary-

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906