From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-04 12:46:26

> I may want to use std::vector<float, pool_alloc> in a library; overriding
> the global new[] is a per-project decision, not per-component.

OK, I'm convinced. I'll allow sized_pool to use a user-defined allocator.
The Standard allocator requirements are not suitable for this case; I'll
have to invent new allocator requirements (hopefully under a different name;
"allocator" is way too overloaded here already). The semantic requirements
are all fairly obvious, except one: should the user-defined allocator be
able to have state (instance-based)? I think that static functions should
suffice. What do you think?

        -Steve