From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-05 12:08:03

> File : /pool/pool_time.zip
> Uploaded by : shammah_at_[hidden]
> Description : Files to assist in timing pool
>
> You can access this file at the URL
>
> http://www.egroups.com/files/boost/pool/pool_time%2Ezip

The above zip file contains:
  A program "time_pool_alloc.cpp", which will run 5 different tests (the
first three with containers and the last two just against simple
allocations) a number of times given on the command line. Be sure to
specify the command line argument... The results of these tests are printed
(on the console), and also appended to text files in that directory.
  A program "Stats.cpp", which is meant to read in those text files and
output (on the console) statistical information.
  A directory "Win32-BCB5-RWSTL", which contains the timing results for my
platform. These only have a sample size of 18 I think, so for final
production, I'll have to run them longer; but they should give us an idea,
anyway.
  An HTML document "pool_timings.html", which summarizes the results from my
platform. The average value from each test using pool is compared to the
average value from the corresponding test using the std:: objects.

The above zip file is meant for use with pool.zip, not
non_template_pool.zip. Please download and see what the results are for
your platform.

        -Steve