From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-06 12:55:23

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20001206103928.00b505d8_at_[hidden]>, Beman
Dawes <beman_at_[hidden]> writes
>Interesting you should mention that. Just yesterday Ron Garcia suggested
>essentially the same thing. So if Kevlin, Ron or anyone else would like to
>pull together an initial version, I'm sure it would be used and
>appreciated, and that others would contribute additional items over time.

I'm not sure how much time I can devote to it before Xmas, but the New
Year is open.

>One additional thought. In some ways such a design handbook would/might
>build on Scott Meyer's books. You might contact him to see if he is
>already working on a third book. No point in duplicating effort.

Scott has been working on Effective STL. I met up with him last week and
he said that it was effectively complete, with a final manuscript date
sometime in January. I haven't seen it yet, but I don't think there is
duplication because the intent of the proposed document is quite
different. That said Scott's stuff is certainly worth referring to.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com