From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-07 10:54:18

At 07:39 AM 12/7/2000 -0500, John Maddock wrote:

>>Will anyone be upset if I just declare the set used by the Python
>libraries
>>to be the preferred boost sub-directory names? Jeremy? John? You are
>the ones who would have to change your directory names.
>
>I'm not against changing them, but anyone know an easy way (in the CVS
>repository?), I may also need some time to make sure that the makefiles
and
>documentation files aren't broken, in fact thinking about it, fixing all
>those html links doesn't thrill me :-)

I can change the HTML links automatically, but not fix make files.

Apparently for a CVS repository on a private server (where we don't have a
way to rename files and directories on the server) you have to treat the
renamed directories on your hard disk as new directories, and then remove
the old directories from the CVS repository. That causes a loss of
history. A major pain in the posterior.

If you don't want to change regex right now, it can be done later.

The main thing is to make sure we are agreed on a set of directory names
that are flexible enough to carry us far into the future. I really
hope someone does a much smarter CVS, and soon!

--Beman