From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-11 12:40:21

Thomas Matelich wrote:

>P.S. For decisions like names, etc. should we start making use of the
>Poll feature of eGroups?

I don't know. There are some big picture issues, like "Should boost start
accepting domain specific libraries" or "Should boost start a [some domain]
sub-group?", where it might be very useful to get a yes/no answer from as
many boost members as possible.

On a lot of the more technical issues, I think I'd rather leave it to the
library submitter or review manager, with input from those who have been
following the issue closely. The idea being to avoid design-by-committee
and the like. Also, on something like naming it "Cast Library" versus
"Conversion Library", I think most members just want a decision made by
someone familiar with the issues; it isn't important enough to bother with
a poll.

But the next time some issue comes up that might be worth a poll, mention
it on the list and see if others agree.

--Beman