From: d.frey_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-11 12:44:08

--- In boost_at_[hidden], Thomas Matelich <sosedada_at_u...> wrote:
> lexical_cast: Specialization is a big issue.

Agreed.

> My official recommendation for Boost Cast Library is that it be
> accepted. Here is my list of changes to make:
>
> Version 1:
>
> 1) Rename to Boost Conversion Library for compatibility with future
> functionality that sounds quite interesting (unless alot of people
> really hate this idea).
>
> 2) Implement BOOST_NO_STRINGSTREAM for lexical_cast.
>
> 3) Add documentation as to reasons why lexical_cast uses copy rather
> than const reference.

I think that we do have a fine solution to the problem thanks to Peter
Dimov. I would prefer to see the problem solved rather than
documented. Also, I understood the rules for a review that way, but I
may be wrong here. Kevlin?

[ Note I haven't used the rest of the library and therefore I haven't
voted for or against it. ]

Regards, Daniel