From: Mark D Rintoul (rintoul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-13 10:11:52

Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 03:56 PM 12/12/2000 -0700, Mark D Rintoul wrote:
>
> >Jens Maurer wrote:

> >> Jens Maurer
> >
> > Hmmm...okay, I'll bite. Why not? I agree that the source
> >is already #defined to death, but there is really not a huge number
> >of places to change this. I went through and counted them the other
> >day and I think there was less than 20. A simple BOOST_STDC_HEADERS
> >define and we long suffering IRIX users are on our way. As it is
> >right now, I download the new version of boost and hack on the files
> >I'm currently using to work on my SGI.
>
> I'd like to make sure I understand the issue. Please correct me if I'm
> wrong.
>
> The implementation doesn't contain <cwhatever> headers. Boost uses
> <cwhatever> headers.
>
> The problem can be hacked around by #include <whatever.h> and then doing
> the usual namespace std { using ::somename; ... } trick.

        On the SGI, that is really not necessary. It is true that the
implementation doesn't contain the <c*****> headers, but the <*****.h>
headers have all of the C++ mods, so you really just need to change
<cstddef> to <stddef.h>, and all works. Or perhaps I am missing
something.

                                Danny

--
Mark D. (Danny) Rintoul, Dept. 9235