From: Moore, Paul (paul.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-15 04:27:01

From: Jesse Jones [mailto:jejones_at_[hidden]]
> >I notice that bounds checking in array.hpp is only done when the at()
> >methods are used. I think it would be a great boon to the community
> >using boost if there could be a debug mode -- either use asserts or,
> >as the STLPort does, have a boost_debug namespace and do range
> >checking for classes imported from there. Does this make sense?
>
> Most definitely.

This is standard for all STL containers. The at() form does bounds checking,
and the operator[] form is fast and does not. While I don't object in
principle to a "debug mode" flag which makes operator[] the same as at(), I
am happy with things as they stand. I would object if the "release" mode
differed from the established practice in the standard library.

Paul.