From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-15 14:13:53

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Beman Dawes wrote:

> >This is a very common approach; it is well understood and documented.
>
> Be careful. Some would say it would be more accurate to say something
> like:
>
> This is a very common approach in portions of the Unix community; it
> is well understood and documented in that community, but is otherwise
> virtually unknown.

True. I guess what I should have said was, "This is a very common
approach to unix source-distributed packages, particuarly open source
packages, and is well understood in those communities. It is also well
documented. There are probably many people on this list who are part of
the aforementioned community (myself included), and have a good
understanding of such things, and would be able to implement such a
mechanism for boost."

:-)

However, I would like to stress that while I do have a definite Unix bias,
I think that the things that I'm proposing would work in a Windows (and
others) world as well. Non-unixy folks please chime in here...

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres_at_[hidden]
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"