From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-15 10:18:34

At 06:04 PM 12/14/2000 -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:

>>From the library author's perspective, they'll need to supply a list of
>files to be installed and where to install them, either in a Makefile or
>some secondary text file.
>
>This is a very common approach; it is well understood and documented.

Be careful. Some would say it would be more accurate to say something
like:

This is a very common approach in portions of the Unix community; it is
well understood and documented in that community, but is otherwise
virtually unknown.

That is probably too extreme, and it also doesn't mean the approach
wouldn't be useful for boost. But in any case, we need to tread
carefully. Boost is unusual in the breadth of the user base.

--Beman