From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-18 10:36:50

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Beman Dawes wrote:

> To resolve the issues, someone needs to write a proposal and post it
> in the files/vault. (HTML format, please, so it can be later
> integrated into the web site.) We can then discuss the proposal, the
> author can make adjustments, and it can go up for formal review. If
> there is a competing proposal, that is OK; we can decide between them.
>
> The proposal should include:
>
> [snipped]
>
> Who will volunteer to write such a proposal?

Since I'm currently trying to graduate, and I'm really only a boost user
(vs. a boost developer), I don't really have the time to do this.

However, my advisor, Andy Lumsdaine, has volunteered. As such, I'm sure
that both Jeremy and I will be suckered in somehow, but he'll likely be
the primary author. He gets boost in digest form, so he asked me to post
this for him (hmmm... sounds like Dilbert).

If anyone else would like to get in on helping write this proposal, please
feel free to mail Andy (lums_at_[hidden]) and/or myself. This would be a
good idea -- hint, hint -- we're 3 unix guys. We'll try very hard to keep
a non-platform bias, but some non-unix folks would be good voices of
reason/sanity checks!).

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres_at_[hidden]
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"