From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-23 19:35:53

on 12/19/00 6:00 AM, David Abrahams at abrahams_at_[hidden] wrote:

> [...]

I shortened it in the latest version (17). I want to distinguish between
the type that the operators will be associated with (T) and any other types
(U) that the operators may use.

> Do you think some explanation of the difference between the iterator
> archetypes and helpers would be in order? I have some doubts about the
> general utility of the iterator archetypes in situations where the iterator
> helpers couldn't be used. Are they worth the trouble? Users can easily build
> that functionality out of the component operator templates.

I added a little explanation. I guess the archetype-only template could be
helpful if the iterator sub-typedefs were already done in the class. (The
iterator helper templates would add a second version of those names.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie