From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-30 10:51:10

One area that isn't covered specifically by the requirements that I'd like
to see covered is for separate boost libraries to be easily added into end
users' revision control systems. It would be very nice to be able to
specify at most a single header and a single directory to include all of a
boost library end an arbitrary revision control system.

The requirement "Individual boost libraries can be checked out from the cvs
repository" comes close; however, it is specific to cvs. I'd prefer this
requirement to be dropped, and more detail added to the "Boost is a
collection of separate libraries" requirement.

Other revision control systems may or may not have an alias feature, but
even for the ones that do, it would be undesirable for each end user to have
to set up aliases for each library in use.

John, regarding your opinion concern that the "skinny root structure" is
less "discoverable", in what context is that? I don't think we should
consider how will the new system look versus the current, since the current
system will soon be fogotten. The important question is how will the new
system look in the context of what a new user is probably already familiar
with from general experience.