From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-08 13:47:56

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 10:44 PM 1/7/2001 +0100, Jens Maurer wrote:
> > Note
> >the filename changes.

> cvs server: warning: cs-irix6.html is not (any longer) pertinent
> cvs server: warning: cs-linux2.html is not (any longer) pertinent
> cvs server: warning: cs-osf1V5.html is not (any longer) pertinent

This is what has to be expected. The new files are named
cs-irix.html, cs-linux.html, cs-tru64.html. We are no longer bound
by python OS name conventions, and the format changed anyway,
so I thought giving them the most obvious name was ok.

To do that, I removed the old files and added the new ones.
I also change compiler_status.htm accordingly.

> Have we been CVS'ed again? What on earth does that mean? The files
> disappeared from the updated directory.

That means that CVS executed the "delete" on your local
directory, which is exactly what should have happened.

For the deleted "libs/regrtest.py", I got:

cvs server: warning: libs/regrtest.py is not (any longer) pertinent

which looks very nice.

As a general note (not a gripe to Beman): To delete a file in CVS,
you have to
 - remove your local copy with e.g. "rm" or "del"
 - then mark the CVS-managed file as gone away with "cvs remove file"
or your WinCVS equivalent
 - then commit the remove with "cvs commit file" or your WinCVS
equivalent.

Jens Maurer