From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-10 15:34:44

David Abrahams wrote:

> "Wil Evers" <bouncer_at_dev.null> wrote in message
> > Taking into account that much of the Boost library is high-quality, and
> not
> > forgetting that most (all?) of the people behind Boost are on the
> > committee,
>
> I would say that about half the boost contributors have ever shown up at a
> committee meeting (which technically doesn't neccessarily even make them
> committee members), and about a third of those people only showed up in
> Toronto because we were having a boost meeting which coincided with the
> committee meeting.

Well, the "people behind Boost" refers to me to those people who started
Boost, who are pushing Boost, and maintain all the infrastructure for it etc.
These are indeed mostly people who have been at least to one meeting,
several of them being members of either the ANSI or the ISO C++ committee.
Although Boost was deliberately not a committee activity it was right from
the start intended to provide a basis of experience for components to be
considered as candidates for the standard C++ library. Definitely not everyhing

in Boost will make it into the standard C++ library but I would argue that the
Boost libraries is more likely to provide new standard C++ library components
than any other library out there!