From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-23 18:00:52

This situation is like when you're sitting in your car, stopped in front
of a broken stop-light stuck on red. Carefully look both ways, and then
run the red light!

I think the best short-term solution is to use std::abs and std::swap tell
people to define abs(), swap(), etc. functions for their types in
namespace std.

I think we need to make a decision about this soon because it affects many
many things.

I think the best long term solution is to change the standard to make this
legal.