From: hankel_o_fung_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-02 03:37:23

--- In boost_at_y..., hankel_o_fung_at_y... wrote:
> In VertexListGraph.html, the VertexListGraph concept should be
> stated as a refinement of both the AdjacencyGraph concept and the
> IncidenceGraph concept (instead of only the first one).

However, I wonder if a VertexListGraph concept has to refine
both the AdjacencyGraph and the IncidenceGraph concepts. E.g.,
it seems (correct me if I am wrong) that all the four core
algorithm patterns in BGL that are implemented without using
adjacency_iterator or adjacency_vertices(), although they require
the VertexListGraph concept. Some graph algorithms (such as
dijkstra_shortest_paths()) also work well without the
AdjacencyGraph requirement.

In fact, the ability of traversing all vertices has nothing to
do with the ability of traversing all out edges or adjacent vertices.
Perhaps we should eliminate the requirement that a VertexListGraph
must refine the other two graph concepts, and make all the three
Concepts orthogonal to each other???

Ciao,
Hankel