From: Mishkin, Nat (mishkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-02 08:29:57

Ah, I guess I should have made clear that despite my slashing and burning, I
still got compilation errors. The Solaris compiler report that Beman
pointed me at in another reply to my post also indicates problems with this
compiler, although that report looks like it's saying it compiled but didn't
_run_ correctly. The number of failures shown in the report for _all_ the
different compilers on Solaris makes for pretty depressing reading.

It looks like I'll need to considerably limit my ambitions as far as use of
modern C++ capabilities if I want to have a portable application. (Sigh.
Didn't this language get standardized a fairly long time ago? I guess all
the compiler folks are abandoning the antique languages like C++ and are off
working on Java or C# :-)

Thanks for your help.

                -- Nat