From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-06 07:50:17

>Question, does the new is_convertible work on MWCW?
>(I don't think the old one did... it would compile OK
>but would give the wrong result).

I don't have MWCW to test this with, however the new version is isolated
into boost/type_traits/conversion_traits.hpp, and there are several
different implementations for different compilers in there - with luck one
of them will work with CW, but it's going to be a trial and error test I'm
afraid (BTW Sunpro has a similar problem with is_convertible).

Can anyone with either MWCW or Sunpro compilers look into this, and see if
there is a version in there that works for them?

One last point - I may wait until after Beman has produced the next zip
before changing over - it will give more time to shake down the new version
before it goes "live".

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/