From: pplumlee_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-06 20:05:34

Boosters:

Follow these instructions to get some BPL into your life:

 * Install LinuxPpc on your trembling-with-anticipation Apple G4

 * Download Boost_1_20_1

 * Slip into the directory libs/python/build

 * Use 'tr' to remove all the ^M from the file gcc.mak

 * make -f gcc.mak

The error messages start with demands for files like "classes.d".
There are no .d files in here. Is the install ZIP complete?

I'l just go at the "example1.html" hello world example, and build its
make stuff from scratch, but programmers less awesome than I deserve a
HOWTO file amid all that documentation. A recursive grep reveals no
file in the folder mentions "gcc.mak", so don't tell me to read the
fine manual.

Thanks!

--Phlip