From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-08 22:38:09

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> > An alternative would be to map signed/unsigned char to Python
integer,
> > and char to one-character Python strings.
> > What do other people think about this?
>
> So, I agree with your final conclusion.

I just checked in new versions of conversions.hpp and
conversions.cpp. The original converters for un/signed
char are back, and new converters for [plain] char are
added.

There are also two new files in the examples directory:
passing_char.cpp and tst_passing_char.py

As usual, I tested the changes with the Compaq compiler
and linux gcc 2.95.2.

Ralf