From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-08 23:09:04

Boosters:

Try this experiment. Take 'example1.cpp' from the (excellent) Boost Python
Library. It's got a class called hello::world or some such. Now add to it
this class:

        world *getAnotherWorld () { return new world (1); }

Leave aside for a moment the usual fretting about leaky interfaces, and add a
'def' to describe that method:

        ... world.def (&hello::world::getAnotherWorld, "getAnotherWorld");

Now try to compile. The compile bombs deep in the nested templates that are
trait-ing out the method pointer

Am I missing something? Do I have to pre-wrap that 'world' in an adapter, or
do I add a trait for it, or what?

On a related note, because Boost documentation does not appear to have any
class-by-class references, and if y'all are considering writing a book, might
one suggest y'all comment all the classes, run them thru Doxygen, and publish
that?

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============ http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp ============