From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-11 14:39:22

Daryle Walker wrote:

Feel free to submit patches which rectify this.

> - A few of the sub-library docs offer a link to a header and to a
> HTML-ized copy of the header. Is this duplication necessary? Worse, some
> of the HTML versions are out of sync from their true header.

These seem to be mostly from oldish libraries. I'd avoid putting up HTML
renditions of headers to sidestep the synchronization issues.

> - The big sub-libraries; graph, python, and regex, don't put archives
> (*.tgz or *.zip) of their hierarchy in their parts of the "libs"
> subdirectory. But some of the smaller, and probably older, sub-libraries
> do. Should these sub-archives be removed, since they duplicate what's in
> the complete Boost archive.

Yes, they should be removed, I think.

> - Similarly, some sub-library web pages offer a link to the complete Boost
> archive. Should those be removed?

Not necessarily, because some libraries have separate homepages which
refer to the boost documentation without the full boost context.

Jens Maurer