From: Bill Seymour (bsey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-13 08:47:32

Beman wrote:

> Both of those compilers are years out-of-date. I doubt you
> will find very many people interested in trying to get them
> to work - ...

Understood. I was thinking, though, that the bugs might appear
in current versions as well.

For example, I've been told, perhaps wrongly, that the only
differences between v5 and v6 of MSVC++ were in the IDE...
no changes to the compiler or the library. If that's true,
then somebody might want to add something like

  #define BOOST_NO_STREAM_WIDTH_FOR_STD_STRING

to config.hpp. I'm not just trying to get out of doing it
myself: because I'm a newbie to the Boost group, and because
I can't confirm that the bug exists in v6 (I don't have any
version of the Microsoft compiler at home, and v5 is what I'm
stuck with at work), I'm clearly not the one to do the deed.

--Bill Seymour