From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-16 16:44:57

--- In boost_at_y..., Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_g...> wrote:
> Dan Nuffer wrote:
> > I write a file called boost.spec which contains instructions to
RPM on
> > how to build and install boost.
>
> I'd like to add the boost.spec file to the CVS as a first step
towards
> a build system, if it's sufficiently generic.

Why? RPMs are hardly portable. The Win32 platform (among others)
won't know a thing about the .spec extension or file type and can do
nothing with this. autoconf is more portable, and even that leaves
Windows high and dry for the most part.

I'm all for getting something together for a first step towards a
build system, but I don't think this is it.

Bill Kempf